French, originaly musician, Thomas studied music production and mixing at Berklee College of music (Boston,USA) and entered into electronic music in 2006.
From his musician background and 70s/80s influence, he brings some special deep and sexy flavor to the electronic Dj scene: Building his set as musical journey mixing the genre from Nu Disco, Deep house to Tech house with some cosmic or disco detour, he quickly drew the attention of the Shanghai crowd, night Clubs and Brands by his original performance.
In additional to solid nights at LOLA club, he’s regularly booked to perform at clubs and festivals including Midi, JZ, JUE festival. And he did warm-up DJ set for international guest DJ such as Rodriguez Jr, Trickski, Bottin, Wolfram, Lindstrom.
He’s also regularly hired to perform Dj set, or provide music art direction and sound design for corporate events including:
– VALENTINO a/w fashion show
– CARVEN fashion show
– IFA fashion show
– ETAM Music direction
– PIERRE BALMAIN fashion show
– ELLE EchoChicDesignAward after party
– MARYAN MEHLHORN fashion show
– GUJIN fashion show
– EVE’S TEMPTATION fashion show
– QUEEN D fashion show
– EUROVET Shanghai Mode lingerie fashion show
– GLAMOUR SALES 1st anniversary party
– SMART Launch party with Kobe Bryan
– DENTSU annual party
– VOGUE China 5th anniversary
– MAYBELLINE corporate party
– FRENCH PAVILLON Music composition
– JIA Boutique Hotel new year’s eve
– ROLEX Eternal Crown event
MOTEL77 is the new duo revealed by the infamous French label La Dame Noir. Behind that name, Thoma & Charp
, 2 Djs who have been key players in Shanghai underground scene for the last decade. They hold many years residencies at several influential clubs in the city. While Charp did tour all over Asian clubs (Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong, Beijing, Hanoi), Thoma released vinyls on Nu disco top label and his first EP was charted in the best of 2017 of juno records. They come together in 2018 to create MOTEL77, a dark disco act “for those who like to keep their leather jacket on the dance floor” (Trax Magazine 2018).
Videos of Thomas:
* Thoma & Charp Motel77
* Thomas @ Midi Festival
* Shanghai Fashion Week “Bewitched” Gala Night Show Music + Live DJ
* Shanghai Fashion Week “Gujin ??” Show Music + Live DJ